A Few Things to Know About Quartz Countertops

0
269

Many people know that so-called quartz counters somehow differ from other countertops in natural stone. You may even vaguely realize that quartz countertops are indeed a type of “engineered stone,” which consists of solid stone particles connected with the age plastic resins. Here are a few things that you should know about quartz countertops Toronto:

  • They Are Not Solid Quartz

It isn’t saying wrong that 10% volume in a quartz countertop isn’t stone at all, they are made with a polymeric or cement-based binder. And do you know the other 90%? It is made of crushed marble waste granite, and natural stone or recycled industrial wastes such as silica, glass, ceramics, mirrors, etc. This entire rock material is combined with binders that give the appearance and feel of stone, so it is called quartz countertop.

  • All Quartz Countertops Come From One Source

In 1963, the engineered stone production technology was developed by the Breton company in northeast Italy. It has licensed to over 50 companies around the world including Silestone, Cambria, and Caesarstone. Bretonstone Technologies Trademark is Bretonstone®.

  • Quartz Countertops Are Green

Fiberboard is much defamed, but for the express purpose of making fiberboard, no tree has been ever cut down. The same applies to engineered stone countertops. 90% of stone-like materials are formed from waste by-products. No natural stone is smashed for making quartz countertops alone.

  • Quartz No Longer Competes With Granite

Quartz has been trying to play the natural stone game for many years. It tried to develop a reputation as a more long-lasting, less porous, and more easily fabricated version of slab granite. Granite-look in quartz materials remains in large numbers on the market, and quartz popularity is increasing day by day. Caesarstone is one example. Caesarstone now has an ultra-modern range with services such as Apple Martini, Blizzard, and Crocodile.

  • You Often Walk On Quartz

Quartz is usually regarded by homeowners as kitchen counters or bathrooms. Most of the quartz is heavily slabbed in things like shopping malls, airports and Prada floors You have probably walked on them without knowing the quartz countertop material.

  • More Quartz Means Lower Granite Prices

Freedonia Group has stated in their one survey that quartz countertops are taking over granite’s market share continuously. Householders who have chosen slab granite in past years are being seen choosing quartz more and more. Unfortunately, it has lesser demand as a consequence it has a low price range. Freedonia points out that “granite prices have declined in recent decades, thus increasing the availability of the commodity.”