It seems that technology is dynamic, conquering new heights every day. Indeed, we are lucky to be able to thrive in the times where technology gives shape to the realities, that were once imaginations.
Instances are many. However, the most suitable and prominent right now is the Infrared Thermometer. Needs no introduction as the much infamous global pandemic has already made the visual identification much clear and visible.
Still, for the ones not very familiar with the technical jargon, this is a non-contact thermal Scanner, which is mainly used professionally for checking human forehead or ear. As per the readings of this thermometer, the temperature measured would be slightly different than the temperature measured in various parts of the human body.
The obvious question next in the line of thought is why do we need it?In very clear terms, it measures temperature minus any hassle, produces accurate results at a rapid pace and is the most reliable.
With that in mind, let’s have a quick glance of the everyday applications of Infrared thermometer:
- Heating and air conditioning – Proper spotting of the insulation breakdown, the loss and gaining of heat in thefurnace and duct leakage.
- Industrial/Electrical – Keeping a tab on the working of motor/engine cooling systems, boiler operations, steam systems and searching of hot spots in electrical systems and panels.
- Food safety – The way the equipment is working, the conditions related to performance sanitation and process of temperature, and proper scanning refrigerated display cases, trucks, storage areas and cooling systems.
- Agriculture – Regularizing the plant temperatures for stress and animal bedding to spot the spoiling.
Now, that was quite interesting. While dealing with the Infrared thermometers, it is found that it has its three main variations. To expand:
- Spot Infrared Thermometers: It bears resemblance to a radar gun. The basic usability of a spot infrared thermometer remains that it makes the temperature measurement of an area with much ease, which otherwise have been too hard to explore research or touch.
· Infrared Scanner Systems: The infrared scanner is a massive system,which is tailor-made, especially for usage in the manufacturing units and factories. They are used to scan items like metal sheets or glasseson the conveyor belts after the manufacturing of the product is done. This last bit is necessaryfor a proper quality check, especially to detect the flaws in the final product.
· Infrared Thermal-Imaging Cameras: An infrared thermal imaging camera detects the heat being spread over a large area. It provides the user with an in-depth two-dimensional image of the area, which is the result. The cameras require both software and hardware components which are tailor made. These components give the real-time measurements and readings.
Now, with all the background work done, it’s time for you to integrate Infrared thermometers in your everyday life, to make it less difficult. Here are few applications that might be helpful to you.
- In the kitchen: In the recent past, infrared thermometers have much in use to check the temperatures of buffet lines for eateries. However, the present situation has also confirmed their place in the domestic kitchen.
The present situation states the temperature checking of soups, sauces and other liquids with an infrared thermometer. All you need to do is churn out a ladle full ofsoup from the bottom surface of the bowl and place it for measurement. Doing this would enable you to closely estimate the temperature of the whole bowl. Be it a bowl of liquid made then or the leftovers from the previous day kept for re-heating, you just need to make sure that the liquid is heated up to 165°F for at least 15 seconds before being ready to serve.
- All over the house: This is perhaps thebest way to detect air leaks. An infrared thermometer helps to spot the areas where there are major temperature differences, thus providing insights to explore the causes of difference.
- In the garage: An infrared thermometer works great as a detector in streamlining problems for a wide variety of systems in the vehicle. The list includes systems meant for cooling,transmitters, HVAC, the brakes, cv joints,extra converters, engine, tires, the thermal mapping placed under hood,and the air temperature regulation.
- For the backyard: An IR thermometer serves great in measuring the grill temperature right before theinception ofpreparing a large and thick steak or while doing the filets. However, in addition, an infrared thermometer might as well help the parents protect their children from accidental burn injuries caused by hot surfaces placed on the playground equipment.
- Usage for health: As discussed in the previous part, we all are known to this application of infrared thermometer, owing to the prevailing scenario. Hospitals rely on infrared forehead thermometers for prompt and accurate reading of the patients’ body temperatures. In fact, it’s for usage in households as it gives accurate information regarding the entire family’s health.
Infrared Thermometers are much in vogue these days due to their promptness and accuracy. It had also showed its multifaceted applications in several ways. Thus, we can only expect that the near future would resort to it in more possible ways for the betterment of humankind.